Khronos Group announces Vulkan 1.2 specification for GPU acceleration. This release integrates 23 proven extensions into the Vulkan API core, providing significant developer-requested access to new hardware features, improved application performance, and improved usability of the API. Several GPU vendors have certified compatible implementations, and a significant open source toolkit is expected in January 2020. Vulkan continues to evolve, listening to the needs of developers, delivering new functionality as extensions, and then combining extensions receiving positive feedback from developers into a unified specification of the core API. By the end of January 2020, Khronos and the Vulkan community will support Vulkan 1.2 in a wide range of open source compilers, tools, and debuggers. Driver updates will be posted on the Vulkan public tracker.
More information on the Vulkan 1.2 specification and related tests and tools can be found at:
- Khronos’ Vulkan Resource Page
- Sample code can be found in the Vulkan unified sample repository.
- Khronos welcomes Vulkan 1.2 feedback from the developer community through:
- Vulkan Timeline Semaphore Tutorial
- Vulkan HLSL Support Updates
- Download Vulkan 1.2 Presentation
- Vulkan 1.2 Apparel
More information can be found here.