Mesa, also called Mesa3D and the Mesa 3D Graphics Library, is an open source software implementation of OpenGL, Vulkan, and other graphics API specifications. Mesa translates these specifications into manufacturer specific graphics hardware drivers.
Mesa 19.3.0 is a new development version. People who are concerned about stability and reliability should stick to the previous version or wait for Mesa 19.3.1.
Mesa 19.3.0 implements the OpenGL 4.6 API, but the version reported by glGetString (GL_VERSION) or glGetIntegerv (GL_MAJOR_VERSION) / glGetIntegerv (GL_MINOR_VERSION) depends on the particular driver used. Some drivers do not support all the features required by OpenGL 4.6. OpenGL 4.6 is only available on request when creating a context. Compatibility contexts may report a lower version depending on each driver.
Mesa 19.3.0 implements the Vulkan 1.1 API, but the version reported by the apiVersion property of the VkPhysicalDeviceProperties structure depends on the particular driver used.
- Fixed GPU freezes with LLVM backend in Dead Rising 4
- radeonsi: mpv --vo=vaapi incorrect rendering on gfx9+
- NULL resource when playing VP9 video through VDPAU on RX 570
- Gnome-shell browse mode crashes in recent version of MESA
- radv/aco in Jedi Fallen Order hair rendering bug
- Shadow of Mordor randomly dancing black shadows on Talion's face
- Trimming a triangular strip with GL_FIRST_VERTEX_CONVENTION causes the translation of an invalid vertex attribute for plane interpolation
- HSW. Tropico 6 and SuperTuxKart have shimmering shadows
- Objects that leave marks in Firefox with anti-aliasing and preserveDrawingBuffer in three.js WebGLRednerer with mesa 19.2
- Steam crash due to e137b3a9b71a2711c1f68c8a8b9c0a7407fbcc4b commit (forked)
- [Anv regression] SPIR-V breaks into Aztec Ruins
- link_shader and deserialize_glsl_program unexpectedly consume a huge amount of RAM
- performance regression in Heroes of the Storm with Mesa 19.1.1 and Polaris
- Vulkan version of "Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor" has graphical glitches on the RADV driver
- [amdgpu] [Navi] [llvm] Mini map problem in Nier Automata
- [bisected] anon_inode: sync_file file descriptor leak
- Cache Meson PackageCach on Appveyor
Black Earth in Dirt 4
- Superbibles examples that cause Mesa (radeonsi) drivers to crash and cause a GPU reset
- Multiple EGL displays with multiple window systems crash
- Regression: Doom (2016) fell on Mesa 19.2 and higher and Radeon 380 with Vulkan (worked on Mesa 19.1)
- Rocket League showed decomposition at game launch
- MESA assembly breaks when only radeonsi is built due to lack of llvm coroutine characters
- radeonsi interruption in LLVM validation test in si_compile_tgsi_shader ()
- Mesa is not building with the current version of Scons (3.1.0)
You can find out more about new features and fixes here.